Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Green-Eyed Monster


I hate to admit it, but sometimes jealousy is inevitable and I could get jealous pretty easy. I'm decent at hiding it but that's just because I excel at making a straight face. One habit used to cover up the other.



When jealousy strikes, I have these internal pangs inside of me.

If it gets even worse, instead of shooting someone with a rifle
I'll just go somewhere far away or rather just run away silently to brace myself. It's like shutting myself from the world.

I hate jealousy.




If only I had the power to control how the world works around me, I wouldn't have knew jealousy.
I would get all the things I wanted.
I would be able to change everything the way I wanted.
Most of all, I would be able to steal hearts, in the metaphorical sense, and never be without love or adoration.

Despite my jealousy, I more often feel pride and joy for my friends and their accomplishments, or... them having to have the thing I wanted the most.
It's true that there's always going to be someone better that you in the world, and there's plenty of time to embrace this truth.




But sometimes you just want to punch that person in the ribs, and that's okay too.

As long as you don't actually do it, you'll be fine. Probably.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;