Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Tomorrow

The future is bright and by all means, it's exciting. I'm full of giddy anticipation just thinking about it.

However, some nights as I closed my eyes and drifted off somewhere between dreams and reality, dreadful thoughts came into my mind and left me out of breath with a lead hammer pounding inside my chest.

Those thoughts came in like this :

"You’ve got to accept that things change. Things never stay the same way for too long, and things never happen the same way twice. You will never be in the exact same relationship as before. Friendships may die off along your path of life, but you must let the memories last forever".

"You are both out growing each other. Just go with the flow and you will both find your way. Your friendship will probably not be as it once was, and that is normal as people grow and develop. It doesn’t mean that either of you did anything wrong and it doesn’t mean that blame needs to be placed. It’s human nature and it’s nobody’s fault."

These kind of thoughts yanked me back into reality as they speak of the truth, yet I hated it and I was gripped in a painful swirl of miserable heartache :'(


Friendships are a bit trickier then relationships, in relationships, people at some point are “official” and then there is a “break up”. Friendships are trickier because they aren’t so clear-cut. It’s a bit like a break up, or maybe it isn’t. I don't even know anymore.

Of course, this is a rather depressing note to end a blog entry on.
However, this was just some thoughts that came in when my mind was empty. Doesn't mean that it's real or happening right now.

All this to say, there's truly no telling what might happen. You must be ready for anything. But look for today, for it is LIFE. And right now, I'm fine and happy where I am as I ever be. Thanks to Allah, my family and friends ;-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;