Friday, January 6, 2012

2AM

Sometimes, I pace back and forth at 2AM and try not to think about things.
But it's funny how that particular time has a way of hauling faded memories up from the cellar of the mind.

One particular 2AM in the morning, I asked myself, why is it important that I stay optimistic and be happy all the time, even when in the inside it's not?


Why the optimistic acting? Is it that because you're an excessively happy person, or is it that you're just being strong for others? Do you tend to just smile even on your bad days?

Well, to me, being optimistic even on your dark days is never an acting. It is a way of escapism. Rather than feeling remorseful on those inevitable dark days, I prefer to brace myself, let my brain carry my devastated heart away into places where one can go anywhere, do anything and be anyone, while thinking about the good things on the other side of the coin. Rather than express whatever angst and malaise, I rather spend my time imagining how immensely beautiful this life has the perfect potential of being.


Mix a tablespoon of optimism, 4 oz of guts and a dose of positive perspective on the oncoming future, you'll get a potion that'll help to get over that not-so-good feeling that's been bothering you all day. Oh, don't forget to add some seasoning of love and support from your closed ones, to taste ;-)

Show some happy faces everybody! Cherios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;