Thursday, August 16, 2012

As many times as I blink I think of You



In this context, YOU is referred to KIBA. KIBA aka Kursus Intensif Bahasa Arab. Why do I hyperbolically treasure KIBA? It all started like this…

24th May 2012
I arrived at D’Embassy Residence & Suites in Kuantan for the registration and this is where I gonna stay for the next 3 months. Everything was so odd for me for the first time but I was excited. Excited of getting new friends, experience and knowledge. On the first day all students were given a briefing about the program in the D’Embassy Hall. That was also when I usha-usha all the students just to the faces that I’d be friends with. I kinda felt down to earth because I know that all of them are high achievers. But that doesn’t disturb me much as my first goal here was to focus on the studies.




My room was B5-31 and there will be 6 students sharing. My roommates are Fatin Hamimi, Zawin Najah, Hazirah, Sumayyah Hanoum, and Razznie Elyssa. At first it was awkward because we were new aquaintances. But they are the most awesome people I have to say.




The place that we’ll be studying is at IKIP International College, IKIP 5 Taman Pertanian. It was a nice place though the buildings looks like secondary schools’ buildings. Ouh before I forgot, there are about 137 students who joined KIBA 2012. 69 are MARA Medical students (50 dentistry & 19 medic), and the other half are of Islamic Banking & Economy, Qiraat & Ulum Islamiah students under Yayasan Pahang and MARA. We were given more briefing about the program & studies at IKIP Hall. Some of the Ustaz/Ustazah used Arabic language when giving the briefing and I was like, “okay, now I’m screwed….”. But I wasn’t that all worried because I’m not the only person here who doesn’t understand arabic fluently.

Long story cut short, after a few days staying at D’Embassy, we have the orientation aka OSEM (Orientasi…) at Pantai Sepat. This is when I started knowing some of my batch mates. All this to say, you totally can’t judge a person by its cover. The people here, are just so talented. Not to mention their critical thinking and public speaking abilities. MasyaAllah, I was mesmerized by the talents. I was among the group named Orang-orang Osem (O3) and I was the raisah – randomly picked by the facilitator. My team mates, are OSEM indeed. I’m totally in love with their passion and spirit. I was humbled by their osemness.

 These are the people! Miss them :)
 Though we didn't win, I still think we're the best. SINCERELY.

This is a mosque. Our mission was to make a building or sculpture out of scraps. Ali a.k.a Hazarul Afiq made a GREAT job of describing this mosque, which made him the best participant in this camp. I couldn't agree more. 










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;